The Planning Commission (PC) advises, recommends, and assists Council in matters relating to planning and growth of the City, including issues relating to the social, economic, and physical environment. The Planning Commission recommends Council approval or denial of proposed land-use changes, taking into consideration land use ordinances and the Comprehensive Plan. Members: Seven regular and one student (non-voting). Term: Three-year staggered (one-year for students).
- 6:30 pm
- second and fourth Mondays of each month (unless other notice is given)
- 7800 Golden Valley Road
Golden Valley, MN 55427
Planning Commission meetings will be canceled due to lack of an agenda if no informal public hearing items are received for comment, if there is no other business to be discussed, or if there is no quorum.
Members of the public wishing to address the Commission have three options:
Online Review/Comment Option: Members of the public may review the staff memo and application materials, watch recorded staff and applicant presentations, and ask questions or provide public comments on the Golden Valley Speaks website seven to ten days in advance of the meeting date. Visit goldenvalleyspeaks.org and follow the meeting links.
Remote Attendance/Comment Options: Members of the public may attend this meeting by watching on cable channel 16, streaming on CCXmedia.org, streaming via Webex, or by calling 1-415-655-0001 and entering the access code listed on the agenda.
In-Person Attendance/Comment Option: Members of the public wishing to address the Commission remotely have two options:
- Via web stream - Stream via Webex and use the ‘raise hand’ feature during public comment sections.
- Via phone - Call 1-415-655-0001 and enter meeting code. Press *3 to raise your hand during public comment sections.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Lauren Pockl, Chair (term expires May 2024)
- Adam Brookins, Vice-Chair (term expires May 2025)
- Andy Johnson, Secretary (term expires May 2024)
- Ellen Brenna (term expires May 2025)
- Sophia Ginis (term expires May 2024)
- Mike Ruby (term expires May 2023)
- Chuck Segelbaum (term expires May 2023)
Public Hearings & Input
The Planning Commission holds informal public hearings on land use proposals so community members can learn first-hand about such proposals and ask questions and offer comments. Questions and comments become part of the record and will be used by the City Council, along with the Commission's recommendation, in reaching a decision.
Watch on TV or Online
Meetings are televised live on City Cable Channel 16 and webcast live or on-demand. The public is encouraged to attend all open meetings and can address the Commission during public hearings.