Mighty Tidy Clean-Up Day
Golden Valley's annual Mighty Tidy Clean-Up Day provides residents a monitored site to dispose of items that they no longer use and that cannot be donated, such as old mattresses and sofas, broken bicycles, ancient appliances, unwanted tires, and outdated electronics (computers and televisions).
2022 Mighty Tidy Clean-Up Day
- Date: Saturday, October 8
- Time: 8 am to 1 pm
- Where: Brookview Park
- Payment Methods: Credit card or Checks (payable to City of Golden Valley)
How It Works
Enter Brookview Parkway from the north along Winnetka Avenue. Workers collect the appropriate fee (credit card or check) and direct residents to the appropriate lot.
Acceptable Items & Fees
- Bulk / Miscellaneous Items
- Fluorescent Bulbs
- Paper Shredding
- Scrap Metal
- If one typical person can carry it (microwave, dehumidifier, mini-refrigerator): $10 each
- Other (dishwasher, dryer, freezer, range/stove, refrigerator, washing machine, water heater): $20 each
- Alkaline batteries: $1 per five
- Cellphone and laptop batteries: $1 each
- Lead-acid and all other batteries: $5 each
- Box spring / chair: $20
- Couch / mattress: $25
- Miscellaneous (trash, construction debris, etc):
- $30 cubic yard
- $15 half cubic yard (No hazardous materials)
- Computer Monitors / TVs
- CRT (Old TVs): $25 each
- Flat Panel: $10 each
- Non-Television: $5 each
- Peripherals (anything that attaches to electronic devices but is not a power source): $1 each
- 4-foot long or less: $1 each
- CFL (household): $1 each
- HID lamps: $5 each
- Longer than 4 feet: $2 each
- U-bent: $2 each
One of the best ways to combat identity theft is through the safe and secure destruction of personal documents. Bring papers loose in a paper bag (boxes will be returned to you). Staples and paper clips are ok. No binders or plastic material (computer disks, CDs, etc) will be accepted. Available for residents only and not businesses or other commercial enterprises.
- $2 per paper bag or banker's box
- Clean: free
- Other (bikes, etc): $5 each (No exercise bikes or treadmills)
- With rims: $7 each
- Without rims: $5 each
Consider donating reusable items to a local charity. Donations are tax-deductible at the fair market value of each item. For donation options in the area, go to the Hennepin County Choose to Reuse page and select "Donate."
- No hazardous waste (used motor oil, asbestos, cleaning solvents, pool chemicals, etc) are accepted.
- The Golden Valley Mighty Tidy Clean-Up Day is open only to Golden Valley residents, and proof of residency will be required at the entrance.
- Face masks are strongly encouraged.
- Payment accepted by check or credit card (checks payable to City of Golden Valley).
- To follow social distancing guidelines, you must stay in your vehicle at all times. Please place materials in the back seat, trunk, truck bed, or trailer for safe unloading by staff.