Planned Unit Development Amendments


If changes to a project need to be made at any time after it has received approval by the City, a PUD amendment must be applied for. There are three types of PUD amendments: Administrative, Minor, or Major. Each type has a separate application form and different submission requirements. Staff will help determine which type of amendment is appropriate, based on the type of change being proposed, the amount of deviation from the originally approved plans, and the scope of the potential impacts.

Applications are due to the Planning Division by 4 pm on the first or third Monday of the month to be eligible to be heard at the corresponding Planning Commission meeting one month later.

The amount of time needed to gain approval for a PUD amendment varies by type:

  • An Administrative amendment is handled by staff and can typically be completed in 3 to 4 weeks.
  • A Minor amendment must be reviewed and approved by the City Council. This requires coordination with the City Council agenda as well as the preparation of a staff report, so a 5 to 6 week turnaround time is likely.
  • A Major amendment requires review by both the Planning Commission and the City Council, so takes 7 to 8 weeks to reach completion. All amendments are subject to the 60-day rule and the extension provision.

After approval of a PUD amendment, a new PUD Permit must be signed by the applicant and by either the City Manager or the City Manager and the Mayor, depending on the type of amendment. Under some circumstances, new plans and/or a new plat might be required in order to officially document the changes.