- Voting & Elections
- Election Judge Information
Election Judge Information
The City of Golden Valley is always looking for qualified voters to act as election judges. Election Judges earn $15.84 per hour. State law permits employees to take time off from work without loss of pay to serve as election judges.
At each polling place, election judges work together to ensure a fair and accessible election for all eligible voters in the city. Election judges open/close polling places, register new voters, explain voting procedures, and provide assistance as needed. Election judges may be asked to serve in the precinct where they live or elsewhere in the city.
To be an election judge, you:
- must be eligible to vote in Minnesota
- must be able to read, write, and speak English
- cannot be a spouse, parent, child, or sibling of any election judge serving in the same precinct
- cannot be a candidate or the spouse, parent, child, or sibling of any candidate on the ballot in that precinct
- must attend required paid training, either virtually or in-person
- must be available to work between the hours of 6 am to 10 pm on Election Day (actual end time depends on the workload at each polling site)
Contact the City Clerk at 763-593-8012 for any questions.
Election Judge Application
The City has filled all Election Judge positions for the 2022 Election cycle. Please check back in the summer of 2023 for more opportunities.
2023 Election Judge Training
Dates for in-person training opportunities will be posted in September 2023. Virtual training information will be posted in October 2023.
For the 2023 Municipal Election, training must be completed no later than November 3. If you have any questions or issues with the training materials, contact the City Clerk at 763-593-8012.
- Will be posted in October 2023
Training Activity Packet
Election Judge Resources
- 2022 MN Election Judge Guide
- 2022 Golden Valley Polling Place Map (new map due to redistricting)
Election Judge Training Confirmation
Training Confirmation forms will be emailed automatically via Smartsheet to all judges who are currently signed up to work. There will also be a basic quiz included with that form to help reinforce your understanding of the training materials.