The Community Development Department oversees administration of the City's Engineering, Inspections, and Planning Divisions and manages housing resources and economic development.
Engineering is responsible for:
- contract management, design, and oversight of the City's construction and maintenance projects and City facilities associated with private development
- mapping, surveying, and infrastructure management
- right-of-way management, including coordination with private utility companies
- storm water and wetland management
- water quality programming
- waste and recycling
- traffic and transportation engineering
Inspections provides services to ensure that residential and non-residential buildings are constructed and maintained in accordance with state and local building and fire codes and in ways that uphold national standards for public health, safety, welfare, and basic livability.
Planning provides day-to-day zoning administration, reviews plans and applications for new developments, and coordinates implementation of the City's Comprehensive Plan.