For Contractors

Plumbing Contractor Registration

Plumbing registrations must be renewed January 1 of each year. The City cannot issue permits to any contractor unless you are registered. There is no fee for this registration.

Keep in mind, work performed within the City right-of-way requires additional bonding with the City of Golden Valley Physical Development Department.

**No Longer Required

To Apply

  1. Download and complete the **Plumbing Registration Application
    • As indicated on the application, you must include a current Certificate of Insurance if you were not registered in 2016 or if the City is not on the renewal mailing list of your insurance carrier. A current Certificate of Insurance includes an issue date within the parameters of the notification time specified as well as a signature by the Authorized Representative. The Certificate must identify the City of Golden Valley as the Certificate Holder.
  2. Download and complete the Certification of Compliance (Minnesota Workers' Compensation Law).
    • You must select either option #1 or #2. Regardless of the option you select, you must complete the information on the lower portion of the form.
  3. Make a copy of your:
    • **2019 Minnesota State Plumbing Bond (not your renewal form)
    • **2019 Minnesota State Plumber's License
    • **2019 Minnesota State Pipe Layer's Certification (required if you will only be doing sewer and water installations outside of structure)
    • **2019 Minnesota State Mechanical Bond (only required if you intend to request permits for fuel gas piping or related HVAC work)
  1. Mail all of the above to:
    City of Golden Valley - Inspections Department
    7800 Golden Valley Rd Golden Valley, MN 55427