How do I get my tree removed?

The City of Golden Valley does not contract for tree removal from private property. Consequently, you have the option of removing the tree yourself or hiring a qualified tree removal service. When hiring a tree service:

  • Acquire several bids to assure yourself a fair price. Make sure the quoted price includes taking the tree down, removing it from your property, and disposing of it properly. Stump removal is not required if it is debarked. Request proof of insurance (both liability and worker's compensation) from the contractor.
  • Ask for recent references and check them to determine contractor ability and quality of work. Check with the Better Business Bureau as well.

Show All Answers

1. Who is responsible for removing condemned diseased trees?
2. What are the regulations regarding tree removal from private property?
3. How do I get my tree removed?
4. What happens if I do nothing about removing my condemned tree(s)?
5. Can I store elm wood on my property?