Each year at this time, when people may be feeling thankful and looking to give back in some way, the Golden Valley Human Services Commission (HSC) sends letters to residents asking for their help. Since 1992, the Golden Valley HSC has allocated $1,872,752 to help fund organizations that serve local people of all ages, backgrounds, and abilities who need aid in what is often a low point in their lives.
While those letters are scheduled to arrive around Thanksgiving, Give To The Max Day (today) offers another opportunity to help make a difference in Golden Valley.
Your entire contribution will go directly to organizations with proven track records at making lives better in our community, including:
- food, financial help for homelessness prevention, and clothing for low-income residents (PRISM)
- counseling and simple home maintenance to senior citizens (Senior Community Services)
- hot, nourishing meals delivered to home-bound residents, including 800 meals a month to Golden Valley residents, (NW Northwest Suburban Dinner At Your Door)
- shelter and help victims of domestic violence (Sojourner Project)
- support for families (HUG – Helping Us Grow and ResourceWest)
This year, as you give thanks for the things in your life, please consider a tax-deductible donation of $10, $20, $30, or more. It will go a long way in maintaining a strong community.
Donations can be made online or in-person at Brookview.
Give To The Max Day is a day where Minnesotans are encouraged to donate to nonprofits and schools to help build a stronger community.