The Noah Joynes Youth Recreation Fund is now accepting applications from local organizations that support youth-focused services, recreation programs, and facilities in Golden Valley.
Applications are open through Dec 16, 2022, 4 pm to Golden Valley 501(c)(3) organizations and Golden Valley based youth organizations requesting funds for amenities or facilities that:
- serve Golden Valley youth aged 0-18 years old
- operate within Golden Valley
- enhance or expand amenities already provided by an organization (organizations proposing a new amenity must provide a plan for sustaining the amenity after the grant term)
- are innovative and do not duplicate existing amenities
- demonstrate measurable and achievable outcomes
The Noah Joynes Youth Recreation Fund Board will evaluate each grant application on its merits to positively impact youth and the Golden Valley community. Proposed projects may take place at any time during the grant year, beginning Feb 1 and ending Dec 31. Only projects taking place during the stated grant year will be considered for funding.
The Noah Joynes Youth Recreation Fund Board of Directors reviews and approves grant applications for potential funding at its annual meeting each January. The Board is made up of three Joynes family members, a Golden Valley Finance Department staff member (non-voting), and a Golden Valley Parks & Recreation staff member (non-voting).
More information, including grant application details, is available on the Noah’s Fund page on the City website. If you have questions, contact Rick Birno, Parks & Recreation Director at 763-512-2342.