Applications for Paid On-Call Firefighter close Sun, Aug 14, 11:59 pm. This is your chance to make a difference in your community and to join a team of dedicated residents to better the City of Golden Valley.
Under supervision of the Lieutenant, the firefighters ensure effective delivery of public safety services, fulfilling fire department objectives.
- Under supervision of a fire officer, firefighters will respond to calls for service including but not limited to: Fire, Rescue, and EMS.
- Assist with apparatus and equipment testing and maintenance, as well as building maintenance.
- Operate firefighting vehicles and equipment as needed.
- Act as community steward, participating in fire prevention/educational activities and providing safety programs for commercial/industrial employees.
- Participate in assigned duty shifts as required by the department and more.
For more information about joining the Golden Valley Fire Department, attend an upcoming recruitment meeting Aug 11, 9:30 am and 6:30 pm at Fire Station One or call 763-593-3977.