The City of Golden Valley is looking to fill vacancies on its Police Employment, Accountability, and Community Engagement (PEACE) Commission. The deadline to apply is July 20.
The PEACE Commission makes recommendations to the City Council on matters relating to policing in Golden Valley and has the following responsibilities:
- educate and learn from the community by creating and implementing a community engagement and outreach program to build trust and engagement between the police and community members
- conduct research regarding current and historical policing practices, GVPD policies and procedure, and police data
- present data and research to the City Council and staff
- make recommendations to the City Council and staff based on research and community engagement
- celebrate exemplary police work and positive contributions by community members
Community members interested can apply online by July 20.