Welcome To Golden Valley
Golden Valley, population 22,715, is a first-ring suburb of Minneapolis just minutes west of downtown. With its desirable location, ample parks and nature areas, varied neighborhoods, flourishing business, and award-winning schools, Golden Valley is one of the best places to live in the Twin Cities metropolitan area. In fact, Golden Valley's destination marketing association, Discover St Louis Park, promotes the area as "Minnesota's Sweet Spot."
Golden Valley takes pride in being a welcoming community, and its governance is guided by defined values, vision, mission, and organizational priorities.
|• Communication||• Respect|
|• Community||• Innovation|
|• Inclusion||• Courage|
|• Integrity||• Accountability|
Golden Valley strives to creatively connect people and places, preserve and enhance community resources, and nurture opportunities for all.
The City of Golden Valley delivers high-quality, responsive services to ensure the community remains a vibrant and welcoming environment in which to live, work, and play.
- Strategic Development & Redevelopment: Focusing redevelopment on four planning districts: Golden Valley’s downtown area, LRT station area, Douglas Drive corridor, and I-394 corridor
- Effective Governance: Governing with a focus on good communication and teamwork, transparency, respecting values and process, heeding meeting decorum and timely decision-making, and building citizen engagement and understanding
- Infrastructure Maintenance & Enhancement: Maintaining and improving infrastructure at highest quality for the investment by prioritizing areas of need, identifying costs, and planning for future growth
- Financial Wellness: Balancing spending with emphasis on maintaining current service levels, accommodating future needs, expanding tax base, growing reserves, maintaining bond rating, and improving efficiencies and effectiveness
- Community Affairs: Considering policies that benefit society at large