Human Services Commission
The Human Services Commission (HSC) plans and holds fundraisers and events to help raise money to meet previously identified human service needs in the community. Advises City Council on allocation of funds. Requires additional time commitment for planning and working at fundraisers. Members: 10 (seven citizens-at-large, two business and/or non-profit organization members, and one student). Term: Three-year staggered (one-year for student).
- 6:45 pm
- second Monday of each month (unless other notice is given)
- 316 Brookview Parkway
Brookview Golden Valley
Golden Valley, MN 55426
Human Services Commission meetings will be cancelled due to lack of an agenda if there is no business to be discussed or if there is no quorum.
- To attend the meeting on Webex, call 415-655-0001 and enter meeting code: 2451-4652987.
- For technical assistance, contact the City at 763-593-8007 or send an email.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- May 9
- June 13
- July 18
- Aug 15
- Sept 12
- Oct 10
- Nov 14
- Dec (no meeting)
- Aaron Black, Chair (term expires May 2022)
- Mary McCormick, Vice Chair (term expires May 2024)
- Esther Black, Student (term expires May 2021)
- Elizabeth Burwell (term expires May 2023)
- Kevion Ellis (term expires May 2024)
- Hilmer Erickson (term expires May 2023)
- Caitlin Peick (term expires May 2022)
- Toots Vodovoz (term expires May 2023)
- Vacant, (term expires May 2022)
Mission and Funding Request Guidelines
- Identify the community's needs for human services.
- Develop guidelines to evaluate funding requests and allocate funds to human service organizations that meet the identified needs of the community.
- Determine funds needed and strategies to provide funding through charitable gambling proceeds, fundraisers, or community events.
- Encourage and enlist participation from the greater Golden Valley community.
- The service provided is for Golden Valley residents at a time of crisis or need.
- The services must not be duplicated by a level of government.
- The service must include cooperation or collaboration between organizations.
- The organization should use the funds granted by the GVHSC to serve Golden Valley citizens.
- Funding shall be granted to human service organizations and not to an individual or individuals.
- Funding will not be granted to any organization licensed in the City for lawful gambling operations.
- Funding is not intended to be used for salaries or general operating expenses.
Make A Donation
Help make a difference in Golden Valley and consider a tax-deductible donation of $10, $20, $30, or more.
There are two ways to give. If you choose to pay by check or money order, complete the Make A Donation (PDF) and follow the guidelines for mailing or drop-off. This method of giving allows the most flexibility for choosing gift size and allocation.
If you choose to pay by credit card, keep in mind your donation will be allocated evenly to the organizations you designate, due to the limitations of our payment software. Thank you!